10 Jun Things To Do Charleston June 2014
June is the start of our summer season, and officially starts June 21st at 6:51am with our longest day of the year, the summer solstice. June in Charleston includes lots of fun events, sports and concerts throughout the city. If you happen to be in Charleston during June you should look at all of the exciting events that are scheduled below.
Charleston has many fun local events scheduled each week throughout June. These weekly events provide lots of opportunity to experience our local culture too.
The Charleston Farmers Market happens every Tuesday between 3:30 and 7pm, located at the Mount Pleasant Farmers Market Pavillion on Coleman Boulevard near the Moultrie Middle School. This is a great time to buy the freshest local fruits and vegtables as well as seafood, flowers, baked and canned goods as well as snacks. Each weeks event includes live music and free activities for kids. Parking is free!
The 4th Annual Party In The Park is a free music concert series taking place every Tuesday in June and starts at 6pm at Mount Pleasant’s Memorial Waterfront Park. The concert series is promoted by 103.5 WEZL and this year the official After Party will take place at Red’s Ice House on nearby Shem Creek.
The Party At The Point is another weekly concert series every Friday throughout June between 5:30pm and 9:30pm at the Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina on Patriot’s Point. Tickets for the events range between $5 and $7 and features a full cash bar including $3 draft beer.
The 9th Annual Music On The Green is a free concert series every Friday evening at 6pm in June at Freshfields Village.
The Charleston Summer Concert Series is every Saturday night in June at the Grand Lawn of the Sanctuary. These are free events sponsored by the Town of Kiawah Island.
In addition to the above weekly June events, be sure to check out the rest of the June events. Some of the highlights include:
Music: Lots of music will be happening all month long in Charleston, from small local bands to major concerts. Big concert events include Head and the Heart, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, Goo Goo Dolls, Daughtry, Plain White T’s and the Love & Laughter Tour. June is filled with small musical events every week and many of these outdoor events are free too.
Events: Summer is always filled with cultural events and June in Charleston has some fun ones scheduled including the Charleston Carifest which is a 4 day Caribbean Carnival celebration that includes food, music, costumes along with education and culture. And how about a completely different kind of culture for fans of the cult classic movie “The Big Lebowski”? The 8th Annual Lowcountry Lebowski Celebration is bound to be a fun time that includes a screening of the movie, costume contest and a bowling alley menu! Dude? Really?
Sports: June marks the end of basketball and hockey, but is very busy with baseball and soccer. There are lots of sports events to watch live including the Charleston Battery and the Charleston RiverDogs. For you outdoor athletes, June offers several 5K runs, the Sprint Triathlon Series, and if you need to cool off give the SUP One Design Race a try.
- EVENT: Piccolo Spoleto Festival May 23 – June 8
- EVENT: Sweetgrass Cultural Arts Festival 6/6
- CONCERT: The Head and the Heart 6/12
- EVENT: Charleston Carifest 6/12
- SPORTS: Race The Landing 5K Series 6/12
- CONCERT: Frankie Valli And The Four Seasons 6/13
- SPORTS: Sweat’n for a Reason 5K 6/14
- EVENT: Shaggin’ on the Cooper 6/14
- SPORTS: Charleston Battery vs. LA Galaxy II 6/14
- SPORTS: Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series 6/15
- EVENT: 8th Annual Lowcountry Lebowski Celebration 6/15
- CONCERT: Goo Goo Dolls & Daughtry with special guest Plain White T’s 6/17
- SPORTS: Stand-Up-Paddleboard One Design Race Series 6/19
- SPORTS: Charleston RiverDogs Home games nightly 6/19 through 6/26
- COMEDY: The Most RACES Show on Earth! 6/21
- CONCERT: Solust Summer Solstice Music Festival 6/21
- SPORTS: Summer Solstice 5K 6/21
- SPORTS: Charleston Battery vs. Charlotte Eagles 6/21
- EVENT: Lowcountry Blueberry Jam and Blueberry Festival 6/22
- EVENT: Bazaar at the Point 6/22
- SPORTS: 1st Annual Warriors 4 Warriors Charity Golf Classic 6/23
- SPORTS: Daniel Island Happy Hour 5K Series 6/26
- CONCERT: Reggae Nights Summer Concerts 6/27
- SPORTS: Charleston Battery vs. Richmond Kickers 6/28
- CONCERT: Love & Laughter Tour 6/28
- EVENT: “The Bachelor” Casting Call 6/28
- CONCERT: Average White Band 6/28
- EVENT: Carolina Day 2014 6/28
If you thought there is nothing to do in Charleston in June, I hope this long list of fun events helped change your mind. If you are planning to attend any of these events be sure to consider Mt. Pleasant Shuttle for your event transportation!