13 Jul Things To Do Charleston July 2014
July is the heart of our summer season, starting off with a bang to celebrate the 4th of July. The kids are out of school, vacations are planned and we are all seeking fun ways to enjoy these hot July days. Charleston has lots of fun planned with events, sports and music that will add some good times to your month.
4th of July: Fireworks will be exploding high in the sky all over the Charleston area. Follow the links in the list below for specific locations.
Farmers Markets: The Charleston area is well covered when it comes to weekly farmers market events. You can find a great one 4 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday). Farmers markets are are great way to shop for fresh fruits and vegetables plus discover interesting food and art vendors selling unique items not available at storefronts. Follow these links for more details about each location:
- Mount Pleasant Farmers Market (Every Tuesday)
- Folley Beach Farmers Market (Every Wednesday)
- North Charleston Farmers Market (Every Thursday)
- Charleston Farmers Market (Every Saturday)
World Cup Soccer: July is a slow month for professional team sports unless you are a baseball or soccer fan. World Cup Soccer has gained popularity throughout the U.S. over the past few years. It is nearly a daily event for the first half of July, and the games can be viewed at many local bars throughout Charleston.
RiverDogs Baseball: July is a busy month for the RiverDogs with lots of opportunity to get out and see a home game. Follow the link for a complete schedule!
Music: July is a little light on live music when compared to the last several months in Charleston, but there are still some good shows to see. There are a couple free shows including the Reggae Nights Summer Concert Series, “Music on the Green” and “Shaggin’ on the Cooper”. If you want to go big and see a concert performance, check out O.A.R., Phillip Phillips, John Hiatt and the Combo, and The Robert Cray Band. Be sure to follow the links in the list below for dates and times to these shows.
Events: Compared to April, May and June in Charleston, there isn’t much going on this month. Be sure to look at the links below to learn more about the many fun events scheduled in July.
Sports: Baseball and soccer are the names of the games going on in July.
- EVENT: 4th of July Festival @ Riverfront Park 7/4
- EVENT: July 4th Sunset Cookout & Fireworks Show 7/4
- EVENT: Red, White and Blue on the Green 7/4
- EVENT: Isle of Palms Fireworks 7/4
- EVENT: Folly Beach Fireworks 7/4
- SPORTS: Charleston RiverDogs Game – Followed by Fireworks 7/4
- EVENT: Charleston Farmers Market (every Saturday)
- SPORTS: Charleston RiverDogs Game 7/5
- SPORTS: Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series 7/6
- SPORTS: Charleston RiverDogs Game 7/7
- SPORTS: Charleston RiverDogs Game 7/8
- SPORTS: Charleston RiverDogs Game 7/9
- MUSIC: Reggae Nights Summer Concerts 7/11
- SPORTS: Charleston RiverDogs Game 7/15
- SPORTS: Charleston RiverDogs Game 7/16
- SPORTS: Charleston RiverDogs Game 7/17
- MUSIC: Music on the Green 7/17
- SPORTS: Bulldog Breakaway Twilight 5K #2 7/17
- SPORTS: Charleston RiverDogs Game 7/18
- SPORTS: 2014 Gus Macker 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament 7/19-20
- SPORTS: Charleston RiverDogs Game 7/19
- MUSIC: Shaggin’ on the Cooper 7/19
- SPORTS: Isle of Palms Beach Run 7/19
- EVENT: Skate Dance Dream 7/19
- SPORTS: Charleston RiverDogs Game 7/20
- SPORTS: Charleston RiverDogs Game 7/21
- MUSIC: O.A.R. with Phillip Phillips 7/25
- MUSIC: John Hiatt & The Combo and The Robert Cray Band 7/25
- EVENT: Johns Island Water Festival 7/26
- EVENT: Movie in the Park 7/26
- SPORTS: Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series 7/27
- EVENT: Splash Day 7/30
- SPORTS: Charleston RiverDogs Game 7/31
Lots of fun to be had in Charleston in July. Rembember, if you need a ride for yourself or a group of friends, Mt. Pleasant Shuttle has you covered anytime.