31 Aug Things To Do Charleston September 2014
Just because the summer is officially over this month doesn’t mean that the summer fun is over too. September 22nd is the official end of summer, but there are more things to see and do in Charleston this month than July and August combined. More concerts, events and sports are lined up almost daily for non-stop entertainment throughout all of September. Here are a few of the fun highlights:
Music: Lots of music will surround Charleston this month. Country, Rock, Vintage, Classical, Rhythm/Blues and Jazz will provide plenty of variety for your listening pleasure too.
Country fans will enjoy Jake Owen along with Parmalee and The Cadillac Three. Jake will be performing his #1 hits along with new music from his latest album at the Coliseum Sept 5.
Local rock band NEEDTOBREATHE will play the North Charleston Performing Arts Center on Thursday, September 18th at 8 pm. The Oh Hellos will open the show.
September is loaded with Tribute Bands including The Dave Matthews Tribute Band at the Party At The Point on Sept 5. Love the Beatles? Charleston has two of the best Beatles tribute bands playing this September including “Abbey Road Live” at The Pour House Sept 6 and “1964” at the Charleston Music Hall on Sept 26.
Rhythm & Blues fans will be sure to enjoy “Rhythm & Blues is Alright” at the North Charleston Performing Arts Center on Sept 6.
The Charleston Symphony Orchestra presents “Le Cabaret de la Symphonie,” featuring top-name entertainment, live and silent auctions, plus “extravagant” food and drink in the cabaret atmosphere of the Historic Rice Mill on the Ashley River on September 19th.
Events: If you love the water, it’s time to get out and enjoy “Charleston Watersports Week”. Over 50 different activities to choose from whether you are a competitor, recreational enthusiast or leisure water buff – something for everyone.
Charleston Beer Week begins Sept 7 and celebrates our city’s beer community, from brewer to bartender, from keg to glass. This event highlights the wide variety of brands enjoyed in the city today with a wide variety of unique events you wouldn’t normally find on your calendar.
Families with small children will enjoy “Sesame Street Live” at the North Charleston Performing Arts Center on Sept 9. See all of the character favorites including Elmo, Grover, Abby Cadabby, and their Sesame Street friends.
The Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s® is the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. This event will be held at the Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina at the Lookout Pavilion Sept 20.
Don’t miss the 34th anniversary of the Lowcountry’s culinary event of the year, The Southern Living Taste of Charleston. This is a 3-day event showcasing taste-tempting delights served by Charleston restaurants.
Sports: Football season is underway and we have some great college games that are sure to be exciting for fans of both Charleston Southern and Citadel this month.
Local atheletes may want to participate in one or all of the 5Ks and Triathlons this month. Check the list below for more info.
If Golf is your game you can get involved with some great charity events this month. The 3rd Annual “Drive Away Cancer” Golf Tournament benefiting Chase After a Cure will be held at on Thursday, September 18th at at the Patriots Point Links. If that sounds like fun and you want more golf, join Cougar Hockey on Sept. 27th for the 4th Annual Golf Tournament Fundraiser. This is their largest event of the year and brings golfers from all over the country to support the program. An amazing course on Charleston Harbor, free lunch and 18 holes in beautiful Charleston weather.
Here is the complete list (with event links) to help you enjoy your September just a little more:
- EVENT: North Charleston Farmers Market Concerts 9/4
- MUSIC: JAKE OWEN 9/5
- MUSIC: Party at the Point: Dave Matthews Tribute Band 9/5
- EVENT: Charleston Watersports Week 9/5-14
- MUSIC: Rhythm & Blues Is Alright 9/6
- SPORTS: Charleston Southern FB vs. Newberry 9/6
- MUSIC: Abbey Road Live – A Tribute to the Beatles 9/6
- EVENT: 6th Annual Dog Day Afternoon 9/7
- EVENT: Charleston Beer Week 9/7
- EVENT: South Carolina International Trade Conference 9/8-10
- EVENT: Sesame Street Live 9/9
- EVENT: Mount Pleasant Farmers Market 9/9
- EVENT: The Metro Show 9/10
- EVENT: Folly Beach Farmers Market 9/10
- SPORTS: Charleston Southern FB vs. Campbell 9/11
- EVENT: 2nd Annual Chucktown Showdown 9/12-13
- EVENT: Charleston Watersports Week EXPO 9/12-14
- MUSIC: Boston Pops Tribute 9/13
- MUSIC: Shaggin’ on the Cooper 9/13
- MUSIC: Blackwater Ukulele Festival 9/13
- SPORTS: Charleston Southern FB vs. Campbell 9/13
- SPORTS: Cow Pie Skip 5K Fun Run 9/13
- EVENT: Dance with Dragons 9/14
- EVENT: Drink ’til it’s Funny Stand-Up Comedy Open Mic 9/15
- EVENT: Folly Beach Farmers Market 9/17
- EVENT: North Charleston Farmers Market Concerts 9/18
- EVENT: NEEDTOBREATHE 9/18
- SPORTS: Drive Away Childhood Cancer Golf Tournament 9/18
- MUSIC: Le Cabaret de la Symphonie 9/19
- EVENT: 2014 Walk to End Alzheimer’s 9/20
- EVENT: 43rd Annual Scottish Games 9/20
- MUSIC: Charleston Jazz Orchestra presents Buena Vista 9/20
- MUSIC: Lt. Dan Band 9/20
- EVENT: Charleston Farmers Market 9/20
- SPORTS: CrossBridge 5k Pancake Run 9/20
- EVENT: Carolina Green Fair 9/21
- EVENT: The 2nd Annual Tri-Kiawah 9/21
- EVENT: Mount Pleasant Farmers Market 9/23
- EVENT: Folly Beach Farmers Market 9/24
- EVENT: North Charleston Farmers Market Concerts 9/25
- EVENT: MOJA Arts Festival 9/25-29
- SPORTS: T4T Inaugrual World Championship 9/26
- EVENT: Taste: Iron Chef Competition 9/26
- MUSIC: 1964 The Tribute 9/26
- EVENT: Pier Tournament: Folly Beach 9/27
- SPORTS: CofC Hockey 4th Annual Golf Tournament Fundraiser 9/27
- EVENT: Charleston Farmers Market 9/27
- SPORTS: Citadel FB vs. Gardner-Webb 9/27
- MUSIC: 9th Annual American Music Celebration 9/28
- EVENT: Taste of Charleston 9/28
- EVENT: Mount Pleasant Farmers Market 9/30
September in Charleston is loaded with so much fun! Rembember, if you need a ride for yourself or a group of friends, Mt. Pleasant Shuttle has you covered anytime.